Every now and then (more frequently than I prefer), I get asked if I have a girlfriend and every now and then (also more frequently than I prefer), I simply respond, “No.” In the pursuit to clarify what I look for in a potential girlfriend, I have come up with my Top Ten (an arbitrary number) wishes (listed in no particular order of importance):
- someone to bring flowers to, just because it is Thursday.
- someone who runaway with me, preferably not as fugitives.
- someone who believes in their own God.
- someone who will lie next to me at the park reading a classic novel.
- someone to run through the rain with.
- someone who will always be #1 on my lists.
- someone who still believes in being swept off her feet.
- someone who is happy getting lost, even with navigation.
- someone who appreciates art for the sake of appreciating art.
- someone to do absolutely nothing with, hand in hand.
If you’re out there and you think you could be that “someone,” please let me know because I am still swimming in a very big ocean.